WWE Releases Former Raw General Manager, Current Tag Team Worker

Brad Maddox (a/k/a Tyler Kluttz), who had an on-screen role as a general manager on Raw and has most recently been working in a tag team gimmick with Adam Rose of  late, has been released from the company.  Maddox signed with the company in 2010.  On Tuesday, Maddox lost to R-Truth in a dark match at the WWE tapings in Indianapolis.  He and Rose lost to the Usos on Main Event this past week as well.

WWE released a statement announcing his release:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Brad Maddox as of Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2015. WWE wishes Maddox the best in all of his future endeavors.

A heck of a thing to have happen the day before Thanksgiving.  Maddox, after his General manager stint on Raw, became somewhat forgotten but was a decent talker.


WWE Hall of Famer Sounds Off on Raw, Says He’s “Close to Becoming a Former WWE Fan”

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley has been one to not stay silent about the state of the current product.  Today, Foley wrote a blog on his Facebook page where he stated that he is getting close to tapping out regarding his WWE fandom.  He told a story of traveling with his son to watch an NXT Takeover event where Sasha Banks took on Becky Lynch and being thrilled, then seeing the four minute match last night and being disappointed.

Foley wrote:

“I am one of those people on the verge of becoming a former WWE fan.  I’m tired of being told through Raw, Smackdown and PPV’s that WWE superstars I have rooted for – from Ziggler to Cesaro to Kevin Owens aren’t top stars – no matter how strongly crowd reaction seems to disagree. I’m tired of NXT stars getting their big ‘break’ in WWE, just to be treated like jokes.”

Foley wrote a whole lot more in the piece, which you can find as a pinned post on his official Facebook page.

Foley is someone who would gain from keeping his mouth shut and playing along with WWE, so I give him a lot of credit for speaking up in the situation.  Many fans share his general sentiment as well, so it’s not something that he’s out in left field about.  Fingers crossed that Vince McMahon reads this…or has someone read it to him and get the point home.



WWE Raw Viewership and Ratings for the First Show After Survivor Series

Based on data released on, WWE’s Raw broadcast from Monday night averaged 2.964 million viewers.  This is a drop of 328,000 viewers from last week’s broadcast.  Hour one of the show averaged 3.190 million viewers.  Hour two drew 2.990 million viewers (a drop of 0.2 million from hour 1), and hour 3 drew 2.712 million (a drop of 0.478 million from hour 1).

The overall show rating based on the Neilsen data showed Raw scoring a 2.16 overall rating for the night, down from last week’s 2.28.  This is yet another new ratings low for Raw.  Last year’s show on the same week drew a 3.07 rating and 4.25 million viewers.

Last night’s NFL game between the Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots drew 14 million viewers, but there is just no way to make this look good no matter how you frame it.  Viewership and ratings were embarrassingly poor for the first night after a pay per view and having crowned a new champion.  A real tell for what kind of shape the product is in right now.  I’ll discuss this more in Around the Ring a bit later tonight.



WWE NXT Talent Released

Mike Johnson at is reporting that WWE has parted ways with Solomon Crowe.

Also known as Sami Callihan on the independent scene, Crowe signed a WWE developmental deal in 2013.  Crowe is 28 years old, and created a following for himself through Evolve, CZW, and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, among other promotions.   Given his popularity on the independent circuit, Callihan should have no issue getting bookings should he decide to return to independent wrestling.

Word is that he requested his release from the company.  All material that pertains to Crowe has been removed from the WWE website.


READER POLL: Rate WWE Raw 11/23/15


TNA Announces New Series of Television Tapings for January 2016, Location Revealed

In a press release sent out by TNA, they have set their next round of television tapings to correspond with their debut on Pop TV.  On January 5-9, TNA will be taping Impact at the Sands Casino in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.  The January 5 show will air live on Pop TV starting at 9PM EST.  On Friday January 8 and Saturday January 9, TNA will tape “One Night Only” pay per view and international television.  Tickets for these tapings will go on sale this Friday, November 27.

As always, if you are going to any of these shows, we’d love to have a report.  Email it to

The press release is as follows:

Continue reading


WWE Struck By the Injury Bug Again; Cesaro to Undergo Surgery

The injuries continue to mount for WWE talent.  This time, Cesaro has been bitten by the bug.  In an interview on, Cesaro noted that he will be undergoing surgery on his shoulder, and will be out for approximately the next four to six months.

Cesaro on how he feels overall:

“Well, I’m feeling great. I’ve had the injury for over two months, but I guess I never really knew how … ‘bad’ it was, if that’s the right word? [Laughs] So, it’s more a mental thing, because all of a sudden you can’t do what you’ve been doing. Now you have to get surgery and you’ll be out for a bit.”

Cesaro discusses working through the injury:

“I knew something was wrong [for a while], but I thought that it was just sprained or something like that. So, I iced it and had it looked at. I was like, ‘Oh, I have range of motion’ and didn’t necessarily have too much of a loss of strength, so I knew something got hurt, but I didn’t think it was injured, if that makes sense. I kept working out and working [in the ring] obviously, and it kept getting better, but there was still something lingering. Then I thought, ‘Maybe if I were to know exactly what it is, it will be easier to rehab and get it better’ … and then I found out it’s a complete tear. [Laughs] So, no matter how much rehab I do, it will not reattach itself to the bone, unfortunately.”

Cesaro talks about getting the MRI results:

“I got the MRI done and was like, “Okay, cool, this will help me with how to rehab and get back to full strength.” But then I got the call the next day saying, ‘Hey, you tore a tendon and partially tore another one.'”

Cesaro discusses the timetable for his return:

It’s pretty much up in the air, and I don’t want to be quoted on a timeframe. I think the official timeframe I was told was like four to six months, but that all depends on how surgery goes, how my rehab goes and so forth.”

Here’s hoping when he comes back that Cesaro gets some direction.  Maybe the downtime will allow creative to find a good way to plug him into a serious storyline that moves him up the ladder.  Despite the injury, he has really been putting in some good work of late.



READER POLL: What was your favorite match at WWE Survivor Series 11/22/15?


READER POLL: Rate WWE Survivor Series 11/22/15


WWE Issues Second Statement Regarding Possible Terrorist Threat on Survivor Series

Earlier today we posted that several outlets were reporting the outside threat of terrorist activity by the group ISIS at venues throughout the world, including WWE’s “Survivor Series” pay per view event taking place in Atlanta, GA.  Earlier this evening WWE issued a second statement regarding the event, saying that it would go on as planned.  Between local and federal law enforcement, no credible information regarding a threat to the event has been found.

The press release reads as follows:

“Federal, state and local law enforcement authorities have confirmed there is no specific or credible information involving a threat against tomorrow’s WWE Survivor Series at Philips Arena. However, WWE and Philips Arena have coordinated with the appropriate agencies and law enforcement, and significantly increased security measures to ensure the safety of all those in attendance, which is our highest priority. Doors will open at 6 p.m. to help fans avoid any delays in entering the arena due to the additional precautionary security procedures put in place. Fans are encouraged to take public transportation (MARTA) to the event and are advised that bags will not be permitted in the arena.”

Given earlier updates, this seems to be the logical course of action.  I will repeat what I said earlier though – that one should always have their head on a swivel, being alert to their surroundings while not living in fear in these turbulent times.