Jonathan Martin surrenders to police, pleads not guilty

Tyler Owen
March 21, 2018

Last month, former National Football League offensive lineman Jonathan Martin made threats on social media to his former Harvard-Westlake High School in Southern California.

In the hours before his arrest, Martin posted an alarming message to Instagram resulting in the closing of Harvard-Westlake High School for safety reasons. The image showed a shotgun and ammunition and tagged four accounts, including those belonging to former Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey.

Martin, a former National Football League offensive lineman who opened up about being a victim of bullying while with the Dolphins, faces four counts of making criminal threats and one count of possessing a firearm, TMZ reported Monday.

This all stems from an Instagram post Martin reportedly made on February 23, which contained a photo of a shotgun along with shells spread around a bed.

Wigan Athletic vs. Southampton (FA Cup): Opposition threat
But from another Tadic corner from the left, the Dane turned it goalwards and Dan Burn was unable to keep it out. Mark Hughes describes Southampton's FA Cup quarter-final win over Wigan Athletic as "a statement of intent".

Rubenstein said he did not know details about the charges, but a law enforcement source who spoke on condition of anonymity said they were connected to last month's social media post that named the school.

In 2013, Martin, while playing for the Dolphins, claimed he was bullied by teammates and eventually left the team.

Martin was later taken into police custody but was not arrested. While searching Martin's auto after his arrest, Los Angeles police reportedly found a loaded shotgun, a knife and an ax, on top of another shotgun at his parents' home.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER