Fury to make comeback on June 9

Hannah Rogers
April 13, 2018

Tyson Fury, Former heavyweight world boxing champion, will be making his come back to the ring for his first fight in two-and-a-half years in Manchester on June 9 with a yet to be named opponent, promoter Frank Warren said on Thursday.

Tyson Fury will fight for the first time in almost three years when he returns to the ring in Manchester on June 9. "The "Mac" is back".

And, Fury seems to have upped his gym routine in quest to get back in shape as he took to his official Instagram account to share a few clips (stories) from his workout routine. Fury, who was born of Irish Traveller heritage and refers to himself as the "Gypsy King", was asked by media members whether his wild days are behind him.

"He is a belt carrier for me", Fury said. "A lot of these guys are saying they're the best, but I know for a fact they're not".

By January, Fury had reportedly lost close to four stone in weight, and plenty more has fallen off since as evidenced by a picture uploaded to Instagram by "The Hitman" earlier this week.

"I'm the fittest that I've ever been".

Israeli Labour Party breaks ties with Corbyn over anti-Semitism
Israel 's Labour party has cut ties with Jeremy Corbyn as they blasted him for being "hostile" to the Jewish community. This comes as the UK Labour party has been beset by criticism over its handling of anti-Semitism within its ranks.

Fury - suspended in 2016 following anti-doping and medical issues - will return at the Manchester Arena and insists victory will usher in another decade at the top. "Timing, reflexes, everything is better than it's ever been".

Meanwhile Anthony Joshua, whom Fury has been trying to goad into accepting a fight, has since won all the titles Fury previously won.

Fury wants "to reclaim what is rightfully mine" from Joshua.

"Fury's return adds even more intrigue to the heavyweight division and no doubt, given his past, he will be fast-tracked to the big fights", said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly.

The former world heavyweight champion repeatedly answered "no comment" before telling ITV News reporter Nick Wallis the interview was "terminated". "They're all very vulnerable and beatable". Some people would prefer there be one belt and one heavyweight champion.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER