David Warner leaves field after being sledged in Australian Grade Cricket match

Tyler Owen
October 28, 2018

BANNED Australian opener David Warner has been involved in a freakish incident in Sydney grade cricket, walking off the field in the middle of an over reportedly because of a sledge aimed in his direction.

The Australia batsman, serving a 12-month ban from worldwide and domestic cricket for his part in a ball-tampering scandal in South Africa, departed the middle with 35 runs to his name in the NSW Premier Cricket clash with Western Suburbs.

Celebrating his 32nd birthday, Warner hit 157 in his second big score of the summer but the day's play was marred after the axed test vice-captain requested to leave the field for minutes before returning in the first session.

Hughes is said to have described the former Australia vice-captain as a "disgrace" while he was opening the batting for Randwick-Petersham against Western Suburbs in a Sydney club competition. "Umpires are there to deal with on field incidents, but not David ME ME ME Warner".

"I'm not going to go into the details however David was taken aback by the comments and thought they went a little bit too far so he chose to remove himself from the game", she said.

Warner, who turned 32 on Saturday, soon continued his innings and made 114 not out for Randwick-Petersham against Western Suburbs.

"Everyone has their own opinion but there is a difference between sledging and abuse", she said.

President Trump Raises Attacks On The Federal Reserve's Chairman
The target range for the federal funds rate, now at 2 percent to 2.25 percent, is nevertheless still low by historical standards. Many Fed policymakers expect higher borrowing costs to begin to restrain growth after two or three more rate hikes.

"Look, I'm not going to go into the details". The incident was one of the final dominoes to fall in Australian cricket's push for a complete overhaul.

"I'm not going to get into what was said yesterday, but it went too far". It was very hurtful'.

On Sunday, Warner's wife Candice appeared on Channel 9's "Sport Sunday" program to defend her husband walking off the field and labelled the attack from Hughes as 'abusive'.

'He felt what had been said was very offensive to him but he realised that he had to play.

She regretted that the incident had overshadowed her husband's grade cricket form of late while he continues serving his 12-month ban for his role in the ball-tampering saga.

'It would have been nice to get him out but we'll have to get him after tea.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER