WWE NXT airs on the WWE Network starting at 9pm EDT. We will have slightly delayed coverage of the event as I scarf down dinner after a 10-hour work day.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @RingRap!
- Show is kicking off with Enzo Amore and Big Cass in tag team action!
- Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. The Vaudevillians (Simon Gotch & Adien English)
- Amore and English start things off. First time seeing Amore wrestle, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got. English locks in a arm lock, Amore reverses out. He flips out of a suplex attempt and tags in Cassady. Cass hits a series of knees. English ducks out of a bodyslam and tags in Gotch. Gotch almost gets the tar beat out of him, but Cassady is distracted by Sylvester Lefort and Marcus Louis. Gotch gets a roll-up and gets the win.
- Winners: The Vaudevillians
Too short to amount to anything.
- Later tonight, Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd in a grudge match! Our announcers (William Regal, Tom Phillips, and Byron Saxton) put over the current Tag Team Champs - The Ascension. They cut a promo backstage. Not bad. They say if you're against The Ascension, you're always the hunted.
- After break, the announcers kick to a video package for Charlotte's NXT Women's Championship win, and her feud with Sasha Banks, and more importantly, Summer Rae. Charlotte and Summer Rae square off for the title next week!
- CJ Parker vs. Xavier Woods
- Lockup into the corner. Xavier does not break clean. Leap frog into a dropkick and Woods gets two. Woods on fire, he hits a splash in the corner and a chop in the middle. Parker whips him into the ropes and Woods get caught on the bottom. This is the advantage Parker needed. He hits a fierce clothesline. Parker wrenches the neck. Woods amps up and hits a few elbows. Flip in the corner and a kick to the face. Woods hits a nice DDT for a near fall. CJ Parker gets a roll-up out of nowhere with the ropes for leverage for a sudden win.
- Winner: CJ Parker
Parker's not bad in the ring, but his gimmick isn't really getting over with me. He's promoting something truly good, and yet he's a heel? I don't get it.
- Devon interviews Sami Zayn backstage. Zayn says we're seeing the true Tyson Kidd lately - the one that's a coward, hiding in his wife's shadows. He said tonight is about embarrassing him.
- Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks
- Bliss cuts an inset promo and I hated it, but it wasn't her delivery. It was the script. Anyhow, Sasha talks trash and almost loses on a roll-up. Bliss goes for another one. Sasha cuts her off and starts slamming her head to the mat. Naturally, she pulls the hair. Sasha lays Bliss across the ropes and drops knees. Ouch! Alexa kicks out of a cover attempt. Banks locks in a headlock and mocks Bliss, but Bliss manages to fight out. Elbow in the corner and a kick. Bliss flips and rolls out of the corner, and gets the advantage. Sasha hits a back cracker out of nowhere and rolls it into a submission for the win.
- Winner: Sasha Banks
Nice finish to a pretty good match from the ladies. Not into Alexa's gimmick but I enjoy her in the ring.
- Backstage, Devon interviews Tyler Breeze about when he'll have his match against Adrian Neville. He cuts a pretty good promo about how everyone rushes and he's taking his time. He says his agent is drawing up his contract. He introduces his video again, in case we missed it (we didn't).
- Highlights of last week's Zayn vs. Kidd. Natalya was approached last week. She didn't want to talk about it. Devon is chatting with Kidd backstage. Kidd says she's wasting his time. He says she should be talking about the fact that he defeated Sami Zayn. He says Natalya is a former WWE Divas Champ and she can take care of herself. Tonight won't be an accident when he wins.
- Adam Rose vs. Jason Jordan
- Jordan says in an inset promo that his partner Ty Dillinger was injured. He suspects it was while partying while with the Rosebuds. Ok then. Thus, a feud. Anyhow, Rose prances. The fans in Full Sail think he's fantastic. Jordon pushes him. Rose leaps into his arms. Rose does some butt bumps in the corner. Jordan cuts him off. Jordan hits a nice shoulder in the corner and leads it into a nice suplex. Solid dropkick. Jordan looks sharp right now. Rose gets in some punches and drops Jordan. Neckbreaker. Jordan eats an elbow. Rose hits a hurricarana, then hits a Bronco Buster in the corner. Party Foul for the win.
- Winner: Adam Rose
- Jason Jordan looked good here. I definitely saw some things I really liked and I'll be keeping a closer eye on him going forward.
- Devon interviews Kalisto backstage, who is mixing Spanish and English in his promo. He wants to talk about his future victories, not his losses. The Vaudevillians cut in and hold up cue cards - "Where is your partner?" Kalisto says he and El Local parted ways, but he'll find a new tag partner and face them next week!
- Tyson Kidd vs. Sami Zayn
- Kidd ducks his head out of the ring pretty much right away. Zayn isn't amused. Kidd locks in a headlock but then ducks out of the ring when Zayn gets some momentum. The fans chant "Tyson Chicken." Funny. Sami misses a Helluva Kick and Kidd ducks out again. Zayn goes after him, and Kidd suplexes him on the ramp. We go to break.
- Back in the ring, Kidd has the advantage and unloads on Zayn with kicks. Headlock and Zayn elbows out. He lands some punches to the face. Dropkick from Zayn. Kidd on the apron. Zayn hits a moonsault off the top rope to take out Kidd at ringside.
- Zayn hits a cross-body for two. He chops Kidd in the chest, but Kidd takes him down into the turnbuckle. Legdrop from Kidd across the ropes. Two-count. Nice German suplex from Kidd for two. He heads up for an elbow drop, and Zayn lifts the legs. Zayn hits the Blue Thunder Bomb for a near fall. Kidd back up again, he hits the blockbuster off the top rope, but Sami Zayn kicks out. Kidd counters Zayn and rolls him over for a Sharpshooter. Zayn barely makes it to the ropes before Kidd drags him back to the center. He holds on and tries again and gets to the rope this time. Kidd heads up top, and Zayn catches him with a face plance, directly into the Koji Clutch. It's over. Kidd taps out. Sami Zayn wins.
- Winner: Sami Zayn
A very good match from these two. Zayn is going to be a huge star when he gets called up to the main roster. Kidd is doing fantastic work too. I've been enjoying this feud quite a bit. Good stuff.
Solid night of action tonight! Thanks for following along this week, and be sure to tune in again next week! Thanks folks!