Vacation and illness have kept me away for a few weeks, but I feel it's appropriate and necessary to share my thoughts before the biggest show of the year.
First, every title should be defended at WrestleMania. And none of them should be on the pre-show. Put the mixed tag match on the pre-show. Hell, I'd even put Fandango vs. Jericho in the pre-show. Personally, I don't see what Vince sees in this character. We already have two dancing buffoons, why do we need a third? Jericho deserves better at this point in his career if you ask me.
I've read the highlights of the HOF ceremony, and I'm a little disappointed. I don't understand why fans feel the need to boo in this situation. We get it, you don't like Cena. Almost nobody does. But when they're promoting a children's charity, I think its best to be respectful and either applaud or sit there quietly. They seriously should consider doing future HOF ceremonies without fans, especially if they're going to continue to be so disrespectful of some of the people/organizations that have helped make the company successful over the years.
Overall I'm not extremely excited about this year's WrestleMania. Then again, I don't think anyone is. The Punk/'Taker match is intriguing, but I'm not sure it would've been nearly as intriguing had Paul Bearer not passed away. I really don't expect more than two or three really good matches where we get actual wrestling out of it, and sadly two of those involve Fandango and Jack Swagger. But with the way things have been booked lately, you can't expect much anyway. Maybe I should bid in that charity auction to pitch a story to Stephanie McMahon. Who knows, they may hire me as the new head writer. Maybe not.
- If they want to get the crowd hot to start, Miz should win the IC title.
- Tons of Funk will win their match, hopefully putting an end to Rhodes Scholars so they can get singles pushes.
- I assume Fandango goes over here, unless Vince soured on him. If he loses, this could be the last time we see him as this character (fingers crossed).
- The Shield will win, probably due to a Randy Orton heel turn.
- Ryback will go over on Mark Henry. I'm intrigued by this one, only because I want to see if Ryback can pick Henry up.
- Team Hell No will retain.....
- .... But that should set up Ziggler cashing in on whoever survives the WHC match. I assume Del Rio retains, but Ziggler will walk out champion.
- With HBK out to help, Triple H will defeat Brock Lesnar.
- There's no way Undertaker loses. Period.
- John Cena will win the WWE title, further pissing off the fans.
Let's see how many of these I get correct.