World Wide Wrestling Results
While the in ring action is for the most part always hot and heavy in the states; wrestling does exist all over, and can be argued that it is bigger in many other countries. Below are some results from Mexico, Canada and Japan. I will be keeping you updated on international results on a regular basis.
LUCHA: NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania 1/19 Korakuen Hall detailed results
1/19 – Korakuen Hall 1. Mascara Don & Maximo beat Taichi Ishikari & TAKA Michinoku
- Mascara Don was Manabu Nakanishi wearing a mask. They teased taking his mask off, but announcer kept calling him by his name. I think if you watched all three iPPVs, you’re probably burned out on the opening comedy match by now. Mascara Don did a Strongman style plancha to the outside after Maximo and Taka had hit dives. Mascara Don had Taichi in a torture rack, but broke it when TAKA kicked him and he decided to chop TAKA. Don submitted TAKA for the win. Not good and went a little over 10 minutes, which would have been a long match for the first show.
Maximo did kiss Mascara Don, who ran away after the kiss.
They had a break after the match and then feed paused for me a bit. Maybe just me.
2. Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. beat Shigeo Okumura & YOSHI-HASHI
- Really good short match. Wish it had gone longer, but it was really good for how short it was. Rey Cometa and Stuka Jr. hit corner top rope mortals. Rey Cometa followed that up with a cool standing Spanish Fly. Cometa also got Mima Shimoda in the quebradora. Rey Cometa hit a dive onto YOSHI-HASHI later in the match. Stuka Jr. suplexed Mima Shimoda and positioned her next to Okumura and hit his top rope plancha for the win.
3. Bushiroad/El Desperado/Fuego/Tiger Mask IV/Titan beat Gedo/Jado/Niebla Roja/Vangelis/Toru Yano
- Started with everyone brawling. Some comedy from Gedo & Jado early on. Seemed to be cluster early on and then picked up as the match progressed. Yano pulled the mask off one of the announcers, so they spent time on that. They had a great dive sequence including Titan jumping off Vangellys back over the ropes onto everyone on the floor. Vangellys got a near pin with his german suplex. Desperado got the win with a new move. Parts of the match weren’t particularly strong. Had some good moments.
4. Tetsuya Naito & Rush beat Tomohiro Ishii & Rey Escorpion
- Good match. Lots of elbows and chops between Naito & Ishii. Rey Escorpion wore a t-shirt to the match and sadly his t-shirt could not survive the wrath of Rush. Rush hit a cool dive to the outside on Rey Escorpion. Ishii got a near fall off his top rope brainbuster on Naito. Rush and Rey Escorpion exchanges several hard chops. Rush delivered a brutal corner dropkick on Rey Escorpion. Rey Escorpion attempted his package piledriver, but Rush broke out of it. Rush then finished Rey Escorpion with the Rush Driver. Post-match Rush left the arena, meanwhile Ishii and Naito continued to argue and had to be separated by the ring crew.
5. La Sombra beat Ultimo Guerrero
- Good match. A few scary moments from Sombra in the match. Ultimo Guerrero had La Sombra in La Tapatia, then Sombra reversed it into a variation of La Tapatia. Ultimo Guerrero then did this really cool submission hold that I don’t think he’s done in the past. Ultimo Guerrero even hit a diving senton to the outside. La Sombra tried his dive that he did on Tama Tonga back in 2012 and didn’t get a lot of lift, along with Ultimo Guerrero waiting further away, he flew short and if not for Ultimo Guerrero running towards him to catch him, Sombra would have fallen on the floor. UG saved his life. Sombra hit his corner quebrada. Ultimo and Sombra then exchanged nearfalls until Sombra caught UG in the Brillante Driver for the win. Ultimo Guerrero had to be helped to the back.
6. Kota Iibushi/Mistico II/Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Mephisto/Shinsuke Nakamura/Yujiro Takahashi
- Match was good at times. Nakamura wore a face cover mask that resembled Mephisto’s mask. Mistico II reinjured his right shoulder late in the match when he hit a plancha on Mephisto. Shoulder popped out. Mistico II got the win for his team with La Mistica. Nakamura vs. Ibushi was pretty good.
7. Volador Jr. retains the NWA Welterweight Title against Mascara Dorada
- Match is for the NWA Welterweight title. Match was an insanely awesome spotfest. Just a bunch of amazing dives, nearfalls, and moves. Started the match with a lot of nearfalls including one really cool reversal from a pin attempt by Mascara Dorada. They spent most of the match just hitting dives to the outside. Mascara Dorada did this cool spot were he walked the ropes towards Volador Jr. and did a huracarana for a near fall. They kicked out of their big moves including Dorada escaping the top rope Frankensteiner, a frontcracker, and the top rope Spanish Fly. Mascara Dorada did this cool near pinfall where he swung off the ropes into a rana for a near fall. Volador Jr. hit his running Canadian Destroyer and Mascara Dorada bounced right out of it! Volador Jr. immediately caught him in a second Canadian Destroyer for the win. Amazing spectacle of a match.
Post-match all the wrestlers come out to thank the fans, take their group picture and celebrate. Good show. Main event was amazing to watch. I thought the 2nd show (1/18) was better.
Japan Fantasticamania 1/17 - Shin-kiba 1st Ring in Tokyo drawing 300 fans
1. Fuego/Rey Cometa/Stuka Jr. beat Taichi Ishikari/Shigeo Okumura/TAKA Michinoku in 8:36 when Cometa used the Spanish Fly on Okumura who got jumped by his partners afterwards.
2. Mephisto & Vangelis defeated Mascara Dorada & Titan in 10:35 when Mephisto used the Devil's Wings on Titan.
3. CMLL Lt. Heavyweight Title: Rey Escorpion beat Maximo in 9:48 with the Aguijon Mortal to retain his title.
4. Mistico II & Rush defeated Niebla Roja & Ultimo Guerrero in 10:44 when Rush used the Rush Driver on Roja.
5. Lightning Match: La Sombra fought Volador Jr. to a 10:00 draw with both men flying all over the place then wanting 5 more minutes to get a finish but were denied. They continued to brawl though until they were broken up.
Fantasticamania 1/18 - Korakuen Hall drawing 1,900 fans
1. 3 Way Dance: Maximo beat Taichi Ishikari & Jado in 9:35 when Maximo used a Casita on Ishikari.
2. Shigeo Okumura & Yujiro Takahashi defeated Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. in 6:57 when Takahashi used the Tokyo Pimps on Stuka.
3. Niebla Roja/Rey Escorpion/Vangelis/YOSHI-HASHI beat Fuego/KUSHIDA/Tiger Mask IV/Titan in 8:56 when Vangelis used a German Suplex hold on Fuego.
4. El Desesperado & Mascara Dorada defeated Bushiroad & Volador Jr. in 8:13 when Desperado used the Guitarra del Angel on Bushiroad.
5. Shinsuke Nakamura beat Rush in 10:18 with the Boma Ye.
6. Tomohiro Ishii/Kazuchida Okada/Ultimo Guerrero defeated Tetsuya Naito/La Sombra/Hiroshi Tanahashi in 19:42 when UG used the Guerrero Special on Sombra.
7. Mexican National Lt. Heavyweight Title: Mephisto beat Mistico II in 14:05 with an avalanche-style Devil's Wings to retain his title.
AAA 1/17 - Arena Naucalpan (TV taping) (There was a tribute for Jesus Nunez who had been with the promotion since the beginning before the show. Nunez died last month)
1. Carta Brava Jr./Fresero Jr./Gran Apache/Black Mamba beat Aero Star/Ludxor/Super Fly/Venum after Super Fly turned on Aero Star for the 3rd time.
2. La Magnifica/Mari Apache/Sexy Star defeated Jennifer Blake/Fabi Apache/La Jarochita
3. Mexican Powers (Crazy Boy/Joe Lider/Nino Hamburguesa) beat The Inferno Rockers (Demon Rocker/Machine Rocker/Soul Rocker)
4. AAA Trios Titles: The Psycho Circus (Monster Clown/Murder Clown/Psycho Clown) defeated La Secta Bizarra (Cuervo/Escoria/Espiritu) by DQ when Cuervo fouled Monster and ripped off his mask to retain their titles. La Secta demanded this match be made a title match which Joaquin Roldan approved.
5. Cibernetico/Fenix/El Mesias beat Perro Aguayo Jr./Daga/Hijo del Texano and Psycho Clown came out afterwards to challenge Texano for a rematch for the AAA Mega Heavyweight Title.
EMLL 1/17 - Arena Mexico
1. Canelo Casas & Disturbio beat Molotov & Sensei
2. Misterioso II/Puma King/Virus defeated Pegasso/Sagrado/Triton
3. Lightning Match: Princesa Sugei beat Estrellita
4. Brazo de Plata/Delta/Guerrero Maya Jr. defeated Ephesto/Euforia/Pierroth
5. Averno/Damian el Terrible/Rey Bucanero beat Blue Panther/Diamante Azul/La Mascara
6. Atlantis/Shocker/Valiente defeated La Peste Negra (Felino/Negro Casas/Mr. Niebla) by DQ when Negro fouled Shocker.
"The German Juggernaut" Moses Luke w/Ava defeated La Sombra by pin fall.
2) During The Big Sexy Beer Bash, Sanchez and Chevy celebrated Robby Royce's on year reign as CWE Champion with cake and beer for it to be interrupted by "Misfit" Mike Mission who proclaimed Royce has only held onto the title because he hasn't stepped into his realm of hardcore and extreme to defend it. A match was agreed upon by men that the scheduled title defence later in the evening would be contested under "No Disqualification" rules.
3) "The Mastermind" Kevin Cannon and his newest client "The Rabid Dog" Rob Stardom beat the team of Dick Blood & "The Rebel" Bobby Collins
4) "First All Star" Brian Rich upset the monster CANNIBAL.
5) "Super Friend" Kory Kinkade vs. Adam Race ended in a no contest after M.A.N. hit the ring and assaulted both men as a prelude to what they had in store for The Big Sexy Beasts later that night.
6) CWE Champion "The Pissed Off Pitbull" Robby Royce successfully defended his championship against "The Misfit" Mike Mission in a No Disqualification match.
7) "Hotshot" Danny Duggan was declared the winner by disqualification in his contest with Stefan Epic after outside interference by "The Coach" Kelly Russell.
8) The Big Sexy Beasts, AJ Sanchez and Kevy Chevy defeated M.A.N., Blake Broadway and Mr. Inkredible via pin fall in a near 25 minute tag team contest.