Browsing around Reddit this afternoon led to the discovery of this image which seems to point to WWE adding substantially to their pay per view schedule throughout the remainder of the year.
According to other reports, WWE has been looking at bringing back the Clash of the Champions branding from WCW to use for merchandising and television specials. Last week, we noted that in a press release WWE is indeed teasing the idea of brand specific pay per view events/live Network specials.
It’s worth saying that none of this information is official from WWE at this time, and is subject to change and/or deletion. But, in case the image link above didn’t work or gets removed, the information is as follows:
- WWE SummerSlam – August 21, Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, both brands.
- WWE Backlash – September 11, Richmond, VA, Smackdown brand and WWE Network Exclusive
- WWE Clash of the Champions – September 25, Indianapolis, IN, Raw brand event
- WWE No Mercy – October 9, Sacramento, CA, Smackdown brand event
- WWE Hell in a Cell – October 30, Boston, MA, Raw brand event
- WWE Survivor Series – November 20, Toronto, Ontario Canada, both brands
- WWE TLC – December 4, Dallas, TX, Smackdown brand event
- WWE Roadblock – December 18, Pittsburgh, PA, Raw brand event.
We will continue to keep an eye on this information and as events are confirmed, we’ll pass the information along.
Bill Says: This is a lot of special event content. WWE definitely may be venturing into the “overexposure” waters for their product if they do this.