Thank you to “Tom” who is at Full Sail University and sending in live spoiler updates for the NXT tapings that are currently going on. If you have more information, or would like to contribute additional live reports for this or any pro wrestling show, feel free to send them to me at email@example.com. Refresh the page for updates.
Dark Match: Tye Dillinger def. an enhancement talent. Didn’t catch the guy’s name, but he kinda had a Papa Shango feel to him (no, it wasn’t actually Papa Shango…).
- Bayley def. Alexa Bliss. This was good, and Bayley won clean with her Bayley-to-Belly Suplex. She cut a promo afterward about getting back on track, but Nia Jax cut her off. Jax came to the ring and went face to face with her, but then Jax backed up the ramp without incident.
- The Hype Bros vs. Blake and Murphy was a no-contest. Rhyno showed up and gored everyone.
- The Revival (c) def. American Alpha to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship in a two out of three falls match. AA got the first fall when both men locked opponents in Ankle Locks. Jordan’s hold in the ring credited for the fall. Revival used an inverted figure four on Jordan to get the second fall. Revival hit Shatter Machine on the apron to net the third fall and the win.
- Samoa Joe came out to cut a promo. He said he was there to witness Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Finn Balor. He talked about how he slayed the Demon Balor, and called himself the emperor to conquer the King of Strong Style. Rhyno came out to interrupt Joe, but Joe backed away from a confrontation.
- Austin Aries def. Patrick Clark. Squash match that Aries won with Last Chancery. He held on long past the bell, which brought out No Way Jose for the save. He beat on Aries until Aries scampered away through the lobby.
- Andrade Almas def. Angelo Dawkins. Almas used his double knee – split leg moonsault sequence to get the victory.
- Asuka def. Eva Marie. Asuka used the Asuka Lock to get the submission.
- Samoa Joe def. Rhyno. He choked him out in the Kokina Clutch
- The Authors of Pain def. American Alpha. As AA came to the ring, Authors of Pain attacked them. After a delay, Alpha hit the ring and cleared out Authors before they officially got the match going. If I had to guess, might be AA’s end (or at least a storyline write-off short term) from NXT.
- Bayley def. Nia Jax. Bayley played into the babyface comeback fine, hitting her Bayley to Belly from the second rope to win. Pace was slow though.
- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Finn Balor. A really good back and forth affair with some great near falls. Nakamura won with his Kinshasa (Boma Ye?). After the match, Balor yielded the ring to Nakamura to play to the fans. He came back with water and they did a Stone Cold style salute with the water. They posed, greeted fans, then they headed to the top of the ramp where they delivered “Yeaoh!” together to end the taping.