As you know, WWE will hold their brand split “draft” on the July 19 live edition of Smackdown. The company issued rules for the draft over the weekend. They also listed eligible talent that can be drafted via WWE.com. The rules are as follows:
- Raw will get the first overall draft pick.
- For every two picks Smackdown gets, Raw will receive three due to Raw being a three-hour show.
- Six selections will be made from the NXT talent pool.
- A tag team counts as one pick, unless a brand specifically calls for one member of the team.
Bill Says: Of course, when the talk turns to NXT the first names that pop up are Finn Balor, Bayley, and American Alpha, so it’ll be interesting to see if any of the three land on the main roster like most suspect they will. It’s worth noting several things about the talent list.
- Injured talents Emma, Tamina, and Luke Harper are all not draft eligible.
- Undertaker is not listed, most notably. I would assume that’s because he’s a “special attraction” part-timer who works only Wrestlemania or other limited appearances.
- New Day and Social Outcasts can be drafted as a unit, but The Wyatt Family are all listed as singles talents.
Drew Koscelek will have you covered on the draft when he brings you Smackdown reaction tomorrow night.