As noted yesterday, former WWE and WCW World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg appeared on ESPN’s “Off the Top Rope” segment Wednesday evening with Jonathan Coachman. His appearance in part was to help promote the new WWE 2K17 video game. Due to some social media postings, there was a lot of speculation that Goldberg may confirm a return to WWE in that interview, but he did not. Here are some quick points from the interview.
- Goldberg noted that he is “an old man” and doesn’t know what his odds are to return to WWE. “It’s something I got to think about man,” Goldberg said.
- Goldberg said that his son and wife have never seen him wrestle. He said he would like to be that guy again, but admitted there is a risk he could lose his legacy. “I really want to do it, but reality-wise, is it smart for me to do?”
- He said that he would like for his son to “experience in real time his dad being a superhero” like he was during his wrestling days.
- While the subject of a match with Brock Lesnar was not brought up directly, Goldberg did say that he owes Lesnar a rematch if he does choose to return.
- He said that he does plan to speak with his family in order to decide what he wants to do as far as an in-ring return. “If anybody can do it, it’s me. I don’t know. Give me to the end of the year for God’s sake.”
- Goldberg pointed out that he has not spoken to Vince McMahon since left WWE, but added he assumes he will one day soon.