NXT taped television last night at Full Sail University in Winter Haven, FL for television broadcasts leading up into the NXT “Takeover: Toronto” event. The following are the results of those tapings. If you don’t want upcoming WWE NXT broadcasts spoiled, then don’t read on! The following results are courtesy WrestlingInc.com.
If you were at the tapings and wish to offer additional information and/or opinion, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Episode to air October 19:
- They recapped the brawl between Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura
- Rich Swann and No Way Jose def. Tony Nese and Drew Gulak in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 1st Round Match. Swann and Jose cut a promo afterward telling The Authors of Pain to not look past them.
- Bobby Roode def. Sean Maluta. After, Roode cut a promo on Tye Dillinger about their match at Takeover: Toronto. Dillinger ran out to attack Roode and got the better of him to big “10” chants.
- Liv Morgan cut a backstage promo about her loss to Billie Kay due to distraction from Peyton Royce. The pair jump Liv, then drag her out to the stage and leave her laying. Billie and Peyton say they are putting the division on notice that it belongs to them.
- Austin Aries and the debuting Roderick Strong def. Tucker Knight and Otis Bogojevic in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 1st Round match. Strong got a great reaction, and the team won when Aries hit a spinning forearm into “Death By Roderick” and a Sick Kick.
- Nikki Cross def. Danielle Kamella. Nikki attacked afterward but Eric Young tried to stop her. The official overturned the decision due to excessive violence.
- Shinsuke Nakamura cut a promo, telling Samoa Joe if he wants the title there will be no mercy. Patrick Clark interrupted to huge heat and suggested a match, but Nakamura beat him down. Samoa Joe tried to attack, but retreated when Nakamura turned around. Nakamura finished Clark off with the Kinshasa.
Episode to air on October 26:
- Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano def. Tian Bing and Ho Ho Lun in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 1st Round match. Tian Bing is Bin Wang, the first Chinese signee.
- Aliyah def. Billie Kay (w/Peyton Royce) due to a Liv Morgan distraction. The heels left Liv and Aliyah laying afterward.
- TJ Perkins and Kota Ibushi def. Lince Dorado and Mustafa Ali in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic 1st Round match.
- Asuka def. Thea Trinidad in a quick squash. William Regal announced that Mickie James would be returning to face Asuka at Takeover: Toronto.
- Tye Dillinger def. Noah Potjes in a quick match. Dillinger was interviewed on the stage, but Bobby Roode left him laying with the Glorious Drop.
Episode to air on November 2:
- Ember Moon def. Rachael Evers
- Gargano and Ciampa were to face The Revival, but Scott Dawson came out to say he had suffered a knee injury and wanted to compete, but the doctors said no. The Revival is out of the Dusty Classic and Gargano and Ciampa moved on with a bye. The Authors of Pain came out to jump Gargano and Ciampa but they cleared the ring of them.
- Elias Samson returned to big heat, then squashed Nathan Cruz.
Episode to air on November 9:
- Liv Morgan def. Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay) by disqualification when Billie broke up a facelock. The heels attack but Aliyah runs down for the save. Ember Moon ran out also, and she and Liv hit stereo drop kicks on the heels to send them running.
- They recapped Andrade Almas turning on Cedric Alexander
- Andrade Almas def. Cedric Alexander.
- They held a contract signing for Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe at Takeover: Toronto. Joe dragged a table and chair out to the stage and said due to his history with Regal’s security he’ll conduct business from there. He insulted Nakamura for going from being Japan’s biggest export to getting beaten down by Joe. He told Shinsuke he could get revenge in Toronto, then told Regal to bring him the contract. He signed but wouldn’t hand it back. Shinsuke refused to sign initially, then beat down security and powerbombed one of them through the table in the ring. He then signed the contract.
Additional Dusty Classic Spoiler:
- SAnitY def. Kota Ibuishi and TJ Perkins in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Quarterfinal.