Thank you to site reader Thom for sending in the results of this afternoon’s Progress Wrestling live event. It took place in Orlando, FL at the Orlando Live Events Center. Don’t forget, we are looking for correspondents for all of the events happening around Wrestlemania in Orlando as well as any other wrestling events going on this weekend. Send your results/report to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progress Wrestling Live Event, Orlando FL:
- Zack Sabre Jr. def. Jimmy Havoc in a fun match. Zack won with a bridging backslide. Dude has a lot of wrestling to do this weekend…he’s a busy man.
- James Drake def. Rockstar Spud. Drake won with a sit out DDT but they told a good story of Spud working as the underdog and taking heat for most of the match.
- Jinny def. Tony Storm. A solid match that Jinny won by stealing it. She used the ropes for leverage on the pin by putting her feet up on them.
- Travis Banks and TK Cooper (w/Dahlia Black) def. Sami Callihan and Shane Strickland. This was excellent. I was also at the Evolve 80 show yesterday, and this was better than Ricochet vs. Keith Lee. Fantastic match won by an assisted brainbuster.
- Matt Riddle (c) def. Trent Seven to retain the Atlas Championship. Both men worked hard in this one.
- Tyler Bate (c) def. Mark Andrews to retain the WWE UK Championship. This was really good too. Bate pulled out some moves that I’ve not seen him do before, like a standing shooting star press. He won with Tyler Driver ’97 though.
- Pete Dunne (c) def. Mark Haskins to retain the Progress Championship. Dunne won by submission with the Regal Stretch, but Haskins showed great resilience by kicking out of a number of other big moves by Dunne, like a Pedigree, a pumphandle flatliner, and a pair of tombstone piledrivers. A solid match.