UFC’s latest pay per view event, UFC 213, aired on Saturday, July 8 from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The card was headlined by Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whitaker to determine the interim middleweight champion. Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko for the women’s bantamweight championship was to co-main event the card, but Nunes was pulled from the fight due to illness. The following are the quick results of the event courtesy MMATorch.com.
UFC 213, aired on pay per view from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV
UFC Fight Pass Preliminary Bouts:
- Trevin Giles def. James Bochnovic by knockout in the second round of a light heavyweight bout
- Cody Stamann def. Terrion Ware by unanimous decision in a featherweight bout.
FOXSports 1 Preliminary Bouts:
- Belal Muhammad def. Jordan Mein by unanimous decision in a welterweight bout.
- Thiago Santos def. Gerald Meerschaert by TKO in the second round of a middleweight bout
- Chad Laprise def. Brian Camozzi by TKO in the third round of a welterweight bout
- Aleksei Oleinik def. Travis Browne by submission in the second round of a heavyweight bout
UFC 213 Pay Per View Bouts:
- Rob Font def. Douglas Silva de Andrade by submission in the second round of a bantamweight bout
- Anthony Pettis def. Jim Miller by unanimous decision in a lightweight bout
- Curtis Blaydes def. Daniel Omielanczuk by unanimous decision in a heavyweight bout
They showed highlights from Friday night and the main event between Justin Gaethje and Michael Johnson. I saw this bout at the bar in Bloomsburg while at the 4×4 Jamboree Nationals, and it was pretty spectacular. They also announced an Australian Fight Night show for November 18.
- Alistair Overeem def. Fabricio Werdum by majority decision in a heavyweight bout
- Robert Whittaker def. Yoel Romero by unanimous decision to become the interim middleweight champion. After the fight, Michael Bisping congratulated him, then threw the belt at his feet and said “see you soon, motherfucker.”